|Job Title: National Bookkeeper|
|Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt|
|Experience Required: 2 – 5 Years|
|Relocation Provided: No|
|Reports to: Accounting & HR Services Manager|
|Work Schedule: 8:30a – 5p Monday – Friday|
NAHREP® is a mission and purpose-driven organization that is a passionate blend of business and advocacy for sustainable homeownership and the stability and economic empowerment it affords all Americans. Our mission is propelled by a passionate combination of entrepreneurial spirit, cultural heritage and the advocacy of our members. Our mission is to advance sustainable Hispanic homeownership. The organization was founded in 1999 and since inception, our mission has never been more important. With over 26,000 members and growing, we are in need of a strong team member who will support our mission and strategic focus.
Responsible for general bookkeeping activities and practices associated with NAHREP National. Participate in the review and appraisal of financial procedures and records by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains all related accounting and bookkeeping records and accounting files in a neat and orderly manner.
- Performs all computer data entry to generate and review related reports and routine financial statements.
- Scan all accounting information into virtual file cabinet, organize and maintain virtual file cabinet.
- Reviews related reports and financial statements for discrepancies, resolves and submits to manager in a timely manner.
- Prepares invoices on daily basis.
- Weekly processing and follow up of accounts payable checks.
- Accounts receivable monthly calls, reminders and follow up.
- Completes bank reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- QuickBooks data maintenance to include correcting and adjusting data to coincide with company changes.
- Maintains an accurate bookkeeping balance and informs management of discrepancies or problems immediately.
- Maintain accounting policy/procedure manual.
- Answer telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner, to include follow through on requests.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A belief in the mission of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals®
- BA in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2 – 5 years prior bookkeeping or related experience required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, strong attention to detail and grace under pressure;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including an ability to anticipate problems and use judgment appropriately to plan solutions;
- Excellent oral, written, research and computer skills (including with software such as Quickbooks, Microsoft Word, Excel PowerPoint and Access)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and facility working with a wide variety of people;
- Integrity and a sense of humor.