|Job Title: Office Manager/Executive Assistant|
|Classification: Full-Time, Exempt|
|Experience Required: 3 – 5 Years|
|Relocation Provided: No|
|Department: Personnel Department|
|Reports to: Executive Director|
|Work Schedule: 8a – 5p Monday – Friday|
|Travel: < 10%|
NAHREP® is a mission and purpose-driven organization that is a passionate blend of business and advocacy for sustainable homeownership and the stability and economic empowerment it affords all Americans. Our mission is propelled by a passionate combination of entrepreneurial spirit, cultural heritage and the advocacy of our members. Our mission is to advance sustainable Hispanic homeownership. The organization was founded in 1999 and since inception, our mission has never been more important. With over 26,000 members and growing, we are in need of a strong team member who will support our mission and strategic focus.
The Office Manager/ Executive Assistant performs various functions for NAHREP’s Headquarters office but not limited to executive support, travel & budget management, vendor management, various other projects in support of the executive leadership team. Works in partnership with the Executive Director in running day to day company operations. This is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position requiring a high level of organization, excellent project planning skills, and a willingness to take on a broad range of responsibilities, from cleaning up a conference room to planning a high level meeting. The ideal candidate is a jack-of-all-trades with common sense, the ability to prioritize and delegate, and a person who feels rewarded by providing quality service to others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer main phone line, screen callers and assist them or direct them appropriately.
- Calendar management of executive leadership, including management of corporate company calendar.
- Provide employee and visitor orientations on facilities usage, business equipment operation and usage,
- Manage budget for all facilities-related supplies and vendors, including processing supply, décor, furniture order and vendor negotiations.
- Manage budget for all leadership, executive and industry travel, including coordinating travel for said individuals.
- Coordinate meetings and appointments, including calendar management for executives and board leadership.
- Executive meeting & event planning and management, including venue negotiation, contracting and managing all logistical meeting details.
- Project management as assigned by Executive Director or CEO, including creation of power point decks, drafting letters and proposals and assembling other materials for presentations.
- Oversee all mail room activities; ensuring timely handling of incoming and outbound correspondence.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of storage room, supply cabinets and break room area.
- Provide support and assistance to National Program staff by conducting research, compiling data, and composing narratives for use in communications, grant proposals, program reports and internal records.
- Purchase and monitor office supplies and program supply needs, including budget management thereof.
- Monitor status of all office equipment and manage requests for repairs/assistance as needed.
- Ensure timely delivery and distribution of originals and copies of proposals, reports and other documents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A belief in the mission of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals®.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of executive administrative experience.
- Prior non-profit and/or real estate experience a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Strong service orientation.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
- Ability to analyze budgets and financial reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally and
linguistically diverse staff, members and consultants.
- Ability to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet
competing deadlines with attention to detail and high quality deliverables.
- Excellent administrative, organizational, budgeting, and oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including an ability to anticipate problems and use judgment
appropriately to plan solutions.
- Demonstrated competency on Microsoft Office products; intermediate-level Outlook, Excel,
Powerpoint and Word skills required.
- Integrity and a sense of humor.