|Job Title: Accounting Assistant|
|Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt|
|Experience Required: 2 – 5 Years|
|Relocation Provided: No|
|Reports to: Accounting & HR Services Manager|
|Work Schedule: 8:30a – 5:00p Monday – Friday|
|Travel: < 10%|
NAHREP® is a mission and purpose-driven organization that is a passionate blend of business and advocacy for sustainable homeownership and the stability and economic empowerment it affords all Americans. Our mission is propelled by a passionate combination of entrepreneurial spirit, cultural heritage and the advocacy of our members. Our mission is to increase the rate of sustainable Hispanic homeownership by empowering the real estate professionals that serve the community. The organization was founded in 1999 years ago and since inception, our mission has never been more important. With over 30,000 members and growing, we are looking for a strong accounting assistant who will support our mission and strategic focus.
Responsible for general accounting related clerical and bookkeeping activities and practices. Participate in the review and appraisal of financial procedures and records by performing the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain all related accounting and bookkeeping records and accounting files in a neat and orderly manner.
- Perform all computer data entry to generate and review related reports and routine financial statements.
- Scan all accounting information into virtual file cabinet, organize and maintain virtual file cabinet.
- Review related reports and financial statements for discrepancies, resolves and submits to manager in a timely manner.
- Request and process W-9 forms from new vendors.
- Weekly processing and follow up of accounts payable checks.
- Accounts receivable monthly calls, reminders and follow up.
- Maintains an accurate mail log and prepares all outgoing vendor payments.
- Monitors accounting email correspondence.
- Answer telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner, to include follow through on requests.
- Interacts with all company personnel regarding financial issues.
- Always maintain confidentiality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A belief in the mission of the National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals®
- BA in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 – 3 years’ prior clerical, administrative or related experience required
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills, strong attention to detail and grace under pressure;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including an ability to anticipate problems and use judgment appropriately to plan solutions;
- Excellent oral, written, research and computer skills (including with software such as QuickBooks, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and facility working with a wide variety of people;
- Integrity and a sense of humor.