|Job Title: Creative Services Manager|
|Classification: Full-Time, Exempt|
|Experience Required: 2 – 5 Years|
|Relocation Provided: No|
|Reports to: CEO|
|Work Schedule: 8:30a – 5p Monday – Friday|
|Travel: < 10%|
NAHREP® is a mission and purpose-driven organization that is a passionate blend of business and advocacy for sustainable homeownership and the stability and economic empowerment it affords all Americans. Our mission is propelled by a passionate combination of entrepreneurial spirit, cultural heritage and the advocacy of our members. Our mission is to advance sustainable Hispanic homeownership. The organization was founded in 1999 and since inception, our mission has never been more important. With over 40,000 members and growing, we are in need of a strong team member who will support our mission and strategic focus.
Our in-house creative team is looking to add a key team member to enhance the talent and excellence of our current design team. The Creative Services Manager (“CSM”) is an upper-level working role that will lead our designers throughout the entire creative development process and bring strategic ideas to life, through creative ideation and flawless execution. This position will report to the CEO and is a utility player. The ideal candidate is a proactive individual, with well-developed critical thinking skills and is able to process, react to, and solve problems in a timely manner, as they arise. As the manager of the creative team, you will support the team’s growth and success, improve processes, and help inform, shape, and implement strategic goals for the organization, including increasing brand awareness.
- Serve as a Key Contributor: Create design assets for NAHREP marketing campaigns
- Lead the Creative Team: Supervise the day-to-day activities of the design team to manage their workload, clarify priorities, resolve obstacles, facilitate growth, and improve processes; Ensure project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved timelines and budgets.
- Develop Team Skills: Identify and address skills gaps within the team and provide mentorship and continuing education recommendations, when and where applicable.
- Manage Schedules: Create and monitor production schedules, and assist the team with meeting deadlines and project milestones
- Develop Processes: Establish and implement design standards and processes to produce consistent and high-quality results.
- Lead Team Meetings: Lead project kickoffs and regular SCRUM-style team meetings to foster collaboration, divide the workload, discuss status and prioritize action items.
- Apply Quality Control: Ensure creative teams’ work is high quality, error-free, and ready for release.
- Manage Version Control: Make sure the correct versions are distributed to the appropriate parties, (i.e., printer, web designer, Marketing Department).
- Coordinate Resources: Assist with sourcing creatives, developers, outside production companies, and resources for campaigns.
- Financial Responsibility: Work with accounting team to ensure streamline of payment to contractors and vendors.
- Track Expenditures: Track spending for development and production and seek opportunities to add value and reduce costs.
- Take Ownership: Be accountable for the outputs and quality of the creative teams’ work. Ensure NAHREP’s quality standards are applied.
- 5-10 years of experience in design, with time spent building, managing and growing a team; Equivalent combination of education and directly related experience will be considered.
- BA in Graphic Arts, Marketing or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- A broad portfolio that demonstrates expertise across a range of platforms and channels and content formats (print, digital, video, web, etc.)
- A digital-first mentality, with deep experience designing engaging and interactive content for online use
- An understanding of best practices in demand generation and how to craft content that drives business
- A strategic mindset, with a demonstrated ability to understand business challenges and deliver creative solutions
- A passion for creating stunning visuals that align with NAHREP’s vision and strategy
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects with a strong attention to detail, from concept development through production, with flawless end results
- Superior communication skills, the ability to be tactful and diplomatic while remaining firm and, above all, clear.
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Microsoft and platforms used for internal marketing.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. This is largely a sedentary role and requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, sit, stand and walk. Occasionally required to lift up to 5 lbs.
NAHREP® provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.