|Job Title: Events Administrator|
|Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt|
|Experience Required: 1 – 2 Years|
|Relocation Provided: No|
|Department: National Events|
|Reports to: Managing Dir. of Events Administration|
|Work Schedule: 8:30a – 5p Monday – Friday|
|Travel: < 10%|
NAHREP® is a mission and purpose-driven organization that is a passionate blend of business and advocacy for sustainable homeownership and the stability and economic empowerment it affords all Americans. Our mission is propelled by a passionate combination of entrepreneurial spirit, cultural heritage and the advocacy of our members. Our mission is to advance sustainable Hispanic homeownership. The organization was founded in 2000 and since inception, our mission has never been more important. With over 40,000 members and growing, we are in need of a strong team member who will support our mission and strategic focus.
This is a full-time, task-oriented role requiring exceptional customer service and administrative skills. Growth opportunities exist for strong performers. Remote work options are not available.
The Events Administrator is responsible for the preparation, organization, and reporting for NAHREP’s National Events. They will be assisting with registration and hotel room management. This individual should be someone who is highly organized, has strong communication skills, has a sharp eye for detail, and thrives in a fast‐paced environment. Good project management skills are a plus.
The ideal candidate will be familiar with various registration platforms including but not limited to Cvent, Eventbrite and Passkey as well as experience with event management, and manage tasks via a company‐wide project management tool.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Prepare and draft registration reports, including but not limited to partner, trends, forecasts and revenue.
- Communicate with attendees as needed for registration and hotel rooming.
- Problem solve and field attendee concerns/issues.
- Assist events department with managing speakers.
- Schedule ad hoc meetings.
- Keep track of personal tasks and meet deadlines.
- Answer calls regarding national events or registration for national events.
- Responsible for clear communication with attendees via email.
- Manage segments of projects within company’s project management tools (e.g. Asana, Dropbox)
- Regional partner liaison, communicating and working with each of the six regional corporate board of governors and their events.
- Stay up‐to‐date with industry trends, developments and tools, and best practices
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
The functions listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Proven work experience with marketing campaigns
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Cvent, and Passkey
- Attention to visual and content details
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
- Familiarity with event planning
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Creativity skills and problem‐solving aptitude
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, while also functioning as part of a team
- Dedication to the mission, vision and values of NAHREP
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- BA in Event Management or similar field of study (or equivalent combination of education and experience) preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work is performed in a professional office setting with ambient temperature and overhead lighting
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6 to 8 hours per day. The employee is required to regularly stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, push, pull and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.