|Job Title: Project Manager (Internal Applicants Only)|
|Classification: Full-Time, Exempt|
|Experience Required: 2 – 5 Years|
|Relocation Provided: No|
|Reports to: CEO|
|Work Schedule: 8:30a – 5p Monday – Friday|
|Travel: < 10%|
NAHREP® is a mission and purpose-driven organization that is a passionate blend of business and advocacy for sustainable homeownership and the stability and economic empowerment it affords all Americans. Our mission is propelled by a passionate combination of entrepreneurial spirit, cultural heritage and the advocacy of our members. Our mission is to advance sustainable Hispanic homeownership. The organization was founded in 2000 and since inception, our mission has never been more important. With over 40,000 members and growing, we are in need of a strong team member who will support our mission and strategic focus.
The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that departmental teams deliver projects that span across more than one department. The senior project manager will manage resources, schedules, and prioritization of projects per the direction of the NAHREP CEO. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The project manager will contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Project Manager will report to the NAHREP CEO and present regular impartial status reports, identifying any projects that are at risk of not being completed and need special attention and additional resources. This person would establish processes for the organization and will offer post mortem analysis after each project completion in order to ensure continuous improvements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of projects and initiatives as specified by the NAHREP CEO that span multiple NAHREP departments
- Provide guidance for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment for several initiatives simultaneously
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives as set by NAHREP CEO
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating a “positive can-do attitude,” teamwork, innovation, flexibility, political tact and excellence
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature the organization’s capabilities
- Prepare detailed project plan for all phases of the project (Initiation, Planning, Execution and Close Out) in collaboration with project leads and NAHREP CEO
- Manage the day-to-day project activities and resources and lead project management team meetings
- Provide detailed status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating these reports across senior leadership
- Manage project scope and changes
- Act as an internal quality control check for the project
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate staff in collaboration with managers
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical deliverables
- Deliver appropriate and effective executive level communication
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices on project management
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques
- Other duties as assigned
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple leaders and staff within the organization
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change, competing demands and understand effective approaches to various personality dynamics along
- Research best practices within and outside the organization to establish benchmark data and use continuous process improvement disciplines to achieve results
- Experience in successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Technically competent with various software programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), iMis, Asana, Slack, Microsoft Project, ServiceNow, SmartSheet and Lucid Chart
- Proven track record of attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of full-cycle project management experience, including tracking and planning projects
- 5+ years of experience working with stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. This is largely a sedentary role and requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend, sit, stand and walk. Occasionally required to lift up to 5 lbs.
NAHREP® provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.