|Job Title: Sr. Graphic Designer|
|Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt|
|Experience Required: Minimum 2 years|
|Relocation Provided: No|
|Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager|
|Work Schedule: 8a – 5p Monday – Friday|
NAHREP is a mission and purpose-driven organization that is a passionate blend of business and advocacy for sustainable homeownership and the stability and economic empowerment it affords all Americans. Our mission is propelled by a passionate combination of entrepreneurial spirit, cultural heritage and the advocacy of our members. Our mission is to advance sustainable Hispanic homeownership. The organization was founded in 2000 and since inception, our mission has never been more important. With over 30,000 members and growing, we are in need of a strong team member who will support our mission and strategic focus.
Under the direction of the Senior Marketing Manager, the Sr. Graphic Designer will produce and oversee digital and print creative solutions to address our marketing needs. To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures and product packaging. Ultimately, you will ensure the graphic team promotes our brand through delivering high quality pieces on tight deadlines.
- Understand project requirements and concepts
- Use various techniques to create drafts, models and prototypes
- Produce final design solutions (e.g. logos, banners, interfaces)
- Pitch creative ideas that enhance projects
- Collaborate with team members to launch designs
- Take on special design tasks to support multiple projects (e.g. color correction)
- Use feedback from leaders to improve work
- Supervise the junior graphic team
- Minimum two years’ experience as a Designer
- Experience with design software (e.g. InDesign, Illustrator) and graphics editing tools (e.g. Photoshop)
- Familiarity with design techniques (e.g. prototyping)
- Understanding of visual elements (layout, type and fonts)
- Excellent communication ability
- Teamwork skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Previous project management experience preferred
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Creativity skills and problem-solving aptitude
- BSc/BA in Design or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6- 8 hours per day; occasionally lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to five pounds; regularly walks from one part of worksite to another; must be able to climb stairs or take elevator. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Position involves regular use of a computer and keyboards, and face-to-face communications. The employee should be able to communicate clearly and professionally in all of these manners. The employee may spend long periods of time sitting, standing or walking. Requires visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act in an emergency situation. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NAHREP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants, without regards to race, color, religion, national origin ancestry, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, caregiver status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.