|Job Title: Sr. Policy and Research Analyst|
|Classification: Full-Time, Exempt|
|Experience Required: 5+ Years|
|Relocation Provided: No|
|Reports to: EVP, Public Policy & Industry Relations|
|Work Schedule: 8a – 5:00p Monday – Friday|
NAHREP® is a mission and purpose-driven organization that is a passionate blend of business and advocacy for sustainable homeownership and the stability and economic empowerment it affords all Americans. Our mission is propelled by a passionate combination of entrepreneurial spirit, cultural heritage and the advocacy of our members. Our mission is to advance sustainable Hispanic homeownership as NAHREP believes it is the number one strategy for closing the wealth gap. The organization was founded in 1999 and since inception, our mission has never been more important. With over 40,000 members and growing, we are in need of a strong team member who will support our mission and strategic focus.
Under the direction of the EVP for Public Policy and Industry Relations, the Sr. Policy and Research Analyst is responsible for developing and leading the programmatic elements of NAHREP’s public policy and advocacy department. This individual will lead the research efforts for all NAHREP publications, including the State of Hispanic Homeownership Report, the State of Hispanic Wealth Report, the Top 250 Latino Real Estate Agents and Top 250 Latino Mortgage Originators. In addition, this individual will support the programmatic elements of the Hispanic Wealth Project. A successful candidate will have a passion for driving change in housing policy, for the economic advancement of Latinos in the U.S. and overall efforts to bridge the racial and ethnic wealth gap. This individual will have the commitment, skills, and experience to work with an extraordinary team to make that change happen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all research products are of high quality, effective and timely
- Utilize policy interns and policy staff to ensure all NAHREP publications and products meet highstandards of accuracy.
- Support the research and policy needs of NAHREP’s advocacy campaigns and ensureeffectiveness in serving policy goals.
- Assist with writing and editing of NAHREP’s annual publications.
- Assist EVP of Public Policy and Industry Relations in developing a research strategy.
- Supervise and manage projects that will involve both members of the Policy team andinterdepartmental teams; delegate tasks and assignments effectively.
- Track and analyze legislative and regulatory actions related to housing, consumer finance and otherissues that affect the Hispanic/Latinx communities’ access to home ownership.
- Assist in the development of advocacy materials that translate pending proposals and actions intoan accessible and understandable format, including factsheets, briefs, white papers, testimony andother resources.
- Writing and speaking to diverse audiences (federal and state leaders and opinion shapers)regarding key ideas and lessons through papers, briefings, commentaries, convenings,presentations and web content.
- Lead NAHREP’s Policy Internship Program which seeks to develop the next generation of Latinoleaders in economic policy.
- Demonstrated capacity to set priorities; work on multiple complex and detail-oriented projects, oftenon a time-sensitive basis; and operate effectively both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to flexibly apply existing skills and knowledge to new content areas, tasks, or projects— andto do so with increasing independence.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Demonstrated commitment to NAHREP’s mission of advancing sustainable Hispanichomeownership.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including advanced politicalacumen and the ability to synthesize policy priorities effectively, persuasively and creatively forpolicymakers, advocates, and the general public.
- Ability to work productively independently and collaboratively
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and handle complex projects
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large public and private data sets.
- Proven experience in researching, analyzing, and monitoring housing related public policy issuesaffecting the Hispanic/Latinx community.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills that deliver results in a constantly evolving environment.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to demanding and changing timelines.
- Proven high-level project management skills required.
- Eye for detail and overall quality control.
- 5+ years applicable experience in public policy, public administration, research or related field
- BA degree required, preferably Public Policy , Public Administration, Economics, Statistics,Sociology or a related discipline; MA/MS desirable
- Fluency in Spanish, both written and verbal, preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work is performed in a professional office setting with ambient temperature and overhead lighting. Remote work may be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit at a computer station and operates electronic equipment 6 to 8 hours per day. The employee is required to regularly stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, push, pull and reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.