MEDIA ADVISORY: NAHREP National Convention and Housing Policy Summit Convenes in Washington, D.C.
SAN DIEGO— March 10, 2022— The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals® (NAHREP®) announced that President Barack Obama will speak at its National Convention and Housing Policy Summit being held March 14-16 at the Ritz-Carlton in Washington, D.C.
The Summit is sponsored by Chase.
Top government and financial sector leaders will deliver comments and participate in discussions, including:
- Xavier Becerra, Secretary, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Isabella Guzman, Administrator, Small Business Administration
- Zixta Martinez, Deputy Director, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
- Sandra Thompson, Director, Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
- Jared Bernstein, Member, White House Council of Economic Advisors
- Juan Vargas, U.S. Representative, (CA-51)
- Ruben Gallego, U.S Representative, (AZ-7)
- Alanna McCargo, President, Ginnie Mae
- Michael DeVito, CEO, Freddie Mac
- Mark O’Donovan, CEO, Chase Home Lending
- Gary Acosta, Co-Founder & CEO, NAHREP
- Luis Padilla, 2022 NAHREP National President, PADILLA TEAM, RE/MAX Advance Realty
- Jon Baselice, VP, Immigration Policy, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Center
- Mark Hugo Lopez, Director of Race and Ethnicity Research, Pew Research
- Alicia Menendez, Anchor, MSNBC
- Estuardo Rodríguez, President & CEO, Friends of the American Latino Museum
- Rebecca Shi, Executive Director, American Business Immigration Coalition
Program highlights include:
- A Conversation with President Obama: President Barack Obama will sit down with NAHREP Co-Founder & CEO Gary Acosta for a conversation.
- Release of the 2021 State of Hispanic Homeownership Report: Experts from the Urban Institute will join Noerena Limón, NAHREP SVP of Public Policy & Industry Relations, to discuss the role of Hispanics in the U.S. housing market and the outlook for 2022 and beyond.
- Fireside Chat: Discussing the Economy with the White House: MSNBC Anchor Alicia Menendez will moderate a fireside chat with Jared Bernstein, a member of President Biden’s White House Council of Economic Advisors. The session will highlight today’s key economic issues, including interest rate hikes and real estate affordability, inflation and labor shortages, along with the number one barrier to advancing Latino homeownership: low housing supply.
- NAHREP Presidential Installation: A formal evening event celebrating the installation of 2022 NAHREP President Luis Padilla by Congressman Juan Vargas. The event welcomes 2022 President-Elect Nuria Rivera and sends off outgoing President Sara Rodriguez (2020-21). The Hispanic Homeownership Champion Award will be presented to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Deputy Director Zixta Martinez.
- Installation of Incoming NAHREP Directors: Edwin Acevedo, Atila (AT) Almeida, Francisco Fernández, Adriana Perezchica and Diana Sifuentes will join the 2022 NAHREP National Board of Directors.
- Panel Sessions and Workshops including:
- Not Enough Properties for Sale? How To Bring Inventory to Your Local market
- Angel Investing 101: How to Invest in Start-Ups
- Challenges And Opportunities in Mortgage Banking For 2022
- Private Sector Solutions to Resolving the Housing Inventory Crisis
- How to Run for Public Office
- All Politics Are Local: How to Be an Effective Public Policy Advocate in Your Market
- Works by muralist Edgar Zorrilla and poet Sarah Serrano-Esquilín will celebrate the power and resilience of Hispanic homeownership in art and verse with welcome remarks by Estuardo Rodríguez, President & CEO, Friends of the American Latino Museum.
Please note that all media representatives must be registered to attend the event and must provide proof of the COVID-19 vaccination.
During the “A Conversation with President Obama” session, a pool photographer will be used and cameras and recording devices will not be permitted.