Regional Connect: Mountain
March 31, 2023
The Westin Galleria Houston
5060 W Alabama Street
Houston, TX 77056
NAHREP has a discounted hotel room rate of $359/night for this event
Room Block offer ends on March 8, 2023 or when rooms sell out
Regional Connect: Mountain Pricing
The deadline for refunds is Friday, March 17, 2023
Thank You To Our Event Sponsors
Regional partners and other companies which are currently unaffiliated with NAHREP may sponsor event-related opportunities as listed below. Click here to download a PDF copy of regional sponsorship opportunities.
FOR SPONSORSHIP INQUIRIES
Corporate Relations Manager
Invitation only. Network with local leaders and discuss relevant business matters while enjoying a refreshing lunch.
- Opening Remarks | Nuria Rivera, 2023 NAHREP President, CEO, Novation Title Insurance Agency
- Sponsor Remarks | Camilo Escalante, Executive Director Diverse Segments, Guaranteed Rate
Texas has consistently topped the list for most Latino net migration, best opportunity markets, and producing the greatest number of new Latino homeowners. Yet, the lack of affordable housing in Texas could stifle the exponential economic growth of the state. This session will focus on the housing affordability issues facing Hispanics in Texas, and explore potential strategies for overcoming these barriers and creating opportunities for affordable housing.
- Moderator | Charles Villafana, Branch Manager, Streamline Home Loans
- Panelist | Laura Jaramillo, Executive Director, Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC)
- Panelist | Leticia Lucio Vu, Real Estate Agent, Keller Williams Realty Metropolitan
According to this year's State of Hispanic Homeownership Report, Houston was the third highest-ranking market that added the greatest number of new Latino homeowners, adding a net total of nearly 60,000 homeowner households in the last two years. Come learn how you can take advantage of this momentum.
- Moderator | Daisy Lopez-Cid, 2018 NAHREP President and Broker/Owner, RE/MAX Premier Properties
- Cathy Trevino, 2023 Chair, Houston Association of REALTORS®
Despite rising interest rates and lower affordability, lenders are getting creative with loan products that will help Latinos in areas such as community development, affordable lending, consumer education, project management, and multicultural market expertise. There is much to gain from hearing the experts in this market.
- Moderator | Diana Sifuentes, REALTOR®, Co-Owner, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services A Action
- Panelist | Myriam Flores, Branch Sales Manager, Fairway Mortgage
- Panelist | Monica La Crue, Affordable Lending Manager, Mission and Community Engagement, Freddie Mac
- Panelist | Oscar Nunez Jr., Mortgage Loan Originator, CrossCountry Mortgage
- Panelist | Jenny Orozco, Loan Officer, AmCap Home Loans
The NCAA Final Four is the pinnacle of college basketball, where the top four teams in the country compete for the national championship. In anticipation of the Final Four, NAHREP is hosting an exclusive conversation with college basketball head coaches who will share their take on the weekend's exciting sports showcase!
- Moderator | Gary Acosta, Co-Founder & CEO, NAHREP
- Panelist | Frank Martin, Head Coach, University of Massachusetts Men's Basketball
- Panelist | Tony Pujol, Head Coach, University of North Alabama Men's Basketball
- Gary Acosta, Co-Founder & CEO, NAHREP
- Armando Tam, SVP, Chapter Development, NAHREP
Mingle and make key connections with the rest of the #NAHREPfamilia during the evening reception.
- Honoree | Adriel Salazar, Photographer