Questions for Noe
Celebrating NAHREP familia, cultura, politics, and grassroots action
October 29, 2020
Qué onda mi gente?!
With only 5 days until Election Day, and with our own chapters choosing new boards during this time, it is time for some strategic planning for 2021.
The National Advocacy Committee was created to be the advocacy wing of our organization and as NAHREP’s grassroots operation working to advance sustainable Hispanic Homeownership by influencing policy. All of you are the heart behind our mission.
A few things to be proud of:
- NAC members are in 25 states across the nation. Through our online advocacy tool, we’ve made a total of 904 unique contacts with our Members of Congress and legislators.
- We’ve advocated for housing inventory and access to credit, and, of course, on the nation’s COVID-19 response and stimulus negotiations.
- Today we have a total of 475 people that are part of our NAC and I ask you to help us double that. The NAC allows us to communicate with our members through rapid fire advocacy campaigns and keep them up to date in regards to our policy efforts.
As we plan for next year and continue to grow our advocacy committee, I’d love to hear your thoughts on where you want us to take the NAC.
- What policy questions do you want us to answer in future NAC blogposts?
- What policy issue are you most concerned with right now that do you want to make sure we focus on as a NAC?
- Any other feedback you’d like to offer.
Un abrazo mis corazones. I know you’re tired of me saying this but: DON’T FORGET TO VOTE and keep pushing people to make sure they vote, particularly those who have never voted before. 5 more days!
About Noerena Limón
Noerena Limón is NAHREP’s Senior Vice President of Public Policy and Industry Relations. Noerena heads the organization’s policy and advocacy efforts on issues ranging from homeownership, housing inventory, credit access and immigration.
Prior to joining NAHREP, Noerena spent six years at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and served as a political appointee under President Obama in the White House Office of Political Affairs.