San Diego, CA – June 10, 2015 – The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals ® (NAHREP) has released its 2015 report on the Top 250 Latino Mortgage Originators in the United States. Wells Fargo Home Mortgage led the way with the most mortgage originators on the list, with independent lenders New American Funding and Alterra Home Loans finishing second and third, respectively. NAHREP reports that it received more than 800 nominations from 42 different companies.
“These agents and mortgage loan originators are highly dedicated to their trade and know first-hand the significance that homeownership holds for the Latino community,” said Teresa Palacios Smith, NAHREP’s 2015 president. “We are proud to recognize these hardworking individuals for their success and devotion to their profession.”
The Top 250 reports include snapshots of interesting data points as well as photos and personal stories of this year’s honorees. The report, which is sponsored by Radian Guaranty, is available at www.nahrep.org/top250/originator.
“Radian recognizes the growing importance of the diverse populations for our country’s housing and economic recovery, and is thrilled to partner with NAHREP in making sure that mortgage professionals are not only aware of the needs of these populations but are ready to support them,” said Teresa Bryce Bazemore, president of Radian Guaranty. “Radian is proud to recognize some of the best mortgage originators in the industry today and advance the goal of sustainable homeownership.”
The listing of the Top 250 Latino Mortgage Originators in America is compiled through a self-nomination process reflective of total transactions closed during the 2014 calendar year, which are verified by NAHREP and the senior management of the loan originator’s employer.
Membership in NAHREP is not a requirement. This year’s Top 10 Latino Mortgage Originators in the U.S. are:
1. Manuel Corral, GEM Mortgage, Pomona, CA
2. Edward A. Hernandez, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Highland Village, TX
3. Benjamin Herrera, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Des Moines, IA
4. Donald Ambrose King, IV, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Des Moines, IA
5. Alexander Varela, PrimeLending, Bedford, TX
6. Miguel Dominguez, PrimeLending, Sterling Heights, MI
7. Carlos Augusto Gutierrez-Villalba, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Tempe, AZ
8. Sergio Corona, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Des Moines, IA
9. Natalie Navarro, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage, Tempe, AZ
10. Jorge Montoya, Guild Mortgage, Reno, NV
NAHREP’s Top 250 Latino Real Estate Agents will be announced on June 16, 2015. Both the Top 250 Mortgage Originators and Top 250 Agents will be recognized at the NAHREP 2015 National Convention & Latin Music Festival at the Chicago Hilton Downtown, September 20-22, 2015. To register for the convention, visit www.nahrep.org/convention.