NAHREP National Convention & Housing Policy Summit Brings the Country Together to Build, Bridge, and Unite
The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals educates and empowers members, industry leaders, and policy makers in pursuit of growing sustainable Hispanic and Latino homeownership
SAN DIEGO—April 13, 2021—The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals® (NAHREP®) will host industry CEOs, federal housing officials and senior policy experts for their upcoming National Convention & Housing Policy Summit on April 13–15 and April 20-22, powered by Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. The two-part live broadcasted event will culminate in the release of the 2020 State of Hispanic Homeownership Report, NAHREP’s flagship report, which examines progress made in the last year towards the organization’s mission of increasing sustainable Hispanic homeownership.
Participants will explore, among other topics, the impact of COVID-19 on the housing market and specifically on Latinos, who have continued to lead other groups in homeownership growth for the last 6 years.
April 13-15 – National Convention: NAHREP members, partners and other industry leaders discuss challenges, trends and prospects, franchise building, mortgage lending trends and more.
April 20-22 – Housing Policy Summit: Federal housing and senior policy officials discuss present housing issues including immigration reform, overcoming COVID as a small business, the housing inventory crisis, redefining qualified mortgages, down payment assistance and more.
Some of the nation’s most prominent housing leaders will participate in NAHREP’s National Convention and Housing Policy Summit, including:
- S. Senator Alex Padilla, California
- S. Senator Bob Menendez, New Jersey
- S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Marcia Fudge
- S. Congressman Raul Ruiz, Congressional Hispanic Caucus Chair, CA-36 Congressional District
- S. Congressman Tony Cárdenas, CA-29 Congressional District
- National Economic Council Deputy Director Bharat Ramamurti
- White House Deputy Director for Public Engagement Adrian Saenz
Program highlights include:
- Keynote Address with Marcia Fudge, U.S. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
- Conversation with José Andrés, Chef, Restaurateur, Humanitarian
- FIRESIDE CHAT WITH THE CHAIR OF THE CONGRESSIONAL HISPANIC CAUCUS: PUTTING LATINOS AT THE CENTER OF THE ECONOMIC POLICY DISCOURSE – A fireside chat with U.S. Congressman Raul Ruiz the new Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus (CHC) to discuss the role Latinos will play in the future of the U.S. economy. From immigration to homeownership, the nation’s economic future is intricately tied to the fate of the U.S. Latino population.
- Release of the 2020 State of Hispanic Homeownership Report: Experts from the White House, the National Economic Council, and the Urban Institute will join NAHREP leaders to discuss the role of Hispanics in the U.S. housing market and the outlook for growth in 2021 and beyond.
The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals®, a nonprofit 501(c)6 trade association, is dedicated to advancing sustainable homeownership for the Hispanic community in America. NAHREP has a network of over 40,000 real estate professionals and 100 local chapters nationwide.
Katherine Wood, PR & Communications Specialist