NAHREP Launches Midwest Region
The final phase of the organization’s six-region growth strategy to expand partnership opportunities and improve support to local chapters
(21 October, 2021) The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals® (NAHREP®) today launched the Midwest region as the final phase of its 6-region growth strategy which commenced with the launch of the Southeast region on February 18, 2021.
NAHREP’s National Board of Directors appointed Hipolito Garcia as Midwest Regional Corporate Board of Governors Chair and Erika Villegas as Midwest Regional Corporate Board of Governors Co-Chair to lead the board and appointed 19 other governors from a pool including former chapter presidents and NAHREP corporate members and partners from the region.
The Midwest region includes Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.
“There is vibrant Latino housing demand and homeownership growth in the Midwest region. For example, over the last ten years, Illinois has added more than 178,000 Latinos to its population. There are multiple partnership and collaboration opportunities with companies and organizations that want to expand their outreach to Latino homebuyers and sellers,” said Midwest Regional Corporate Board of Governors Chair Hipolito Garcia and Co-Chair Erika Villegas.
Each region will host two major events annually that will attract and engage some of the most successful real estate professionals in the market.
“The Midwest Regional Corporate Board of Governors comprises an outstanding group of motivated and driven leaders. NAHREP is blessed to have such dedicated professionals help grow sustainable Hispanic homeownership in the region,” said Sara Rodriguez, 2021 NAHREP President.
The NAHREP Midwest Regional Corporate Board Governors are as follows:
- Hipolito Garcia, Midwest Chair, Caliber Home Loans
- Erika Villegas, Midwest Co-Chair, RE/MAX in the Village
- Melissa Blount, Associated Bank
- Luigui Corral, RE/MAX American Dream
- Jim Eboli, Guaranteed Rate
- Gaspar Flores Sr, Su Familia Real Estate
- Marc Hernandez, Alterra Home Loans
- Michele Hoefle, New American Funding
- Daisy Lopez-Cid, 2018 NAHREP President, RE/MAX Premier Properties
- Cesar Lostaunau, Century 21 Real Estate
- Amy Michalak, Radian Guaranty
- Sodi Nichols, U.S. Bank
- Marlo Parrish, First American Title
- Ivonne Payes, RE/MAX American Dream
- Aldo Quinones, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage
- Elsa Razo, Fifth Third Bank
- Eva Angelina Romero, EvaCo Properties
- Theresa Saelim, Chase
- Steve Szpytek, EPM
- Miguel Vega, First Community Mortgage
- Jason Wroble, National Mortgage Insurance
- Rocket Mortgage
The National Association of Hispanic Real Estate Professionals® (NAHREP®), a nonprofit 501(c)6 trade association, is dedicated to advancing sustainable homeownership for the Hispanic community in America. NAHREP has a network of over 40,000 real estate professionals and 100 local chapters nationwide, hosting several national events per year and publishing multiple industry cornerstone reports annually and multimedia content. Join us in advocating for policies that grow sustainable Latino homeownership, read our 2021 policy priorities here. See the NAHREP Hispanic Homeownership by Congressional District Tool which measures Hispanic homeownership by U.S. congressional district, allowing constituents, advocates, policy makers, and lending and housing professionals to evaluate district performance at a glance. Watch the Hispanic Homeownership short film.