The NAHREP® Leadership Academy’s mission and vision is to provide a platform to discover and further develop skill sets for leaders. The program will take both a macro and micro leadership focus to provide framework and tools for NAHREP’s future leaders for policy change and reform activities.
Provide a leadership development platform for an elite group of real estate professionals serving the Latino community. The platform will allow the candidates to hone their leadership skills as Latino/a leaders, have access to direct mentorship opportunities with successful industry leaders, develop advanced industry expertise, focus their passion and sharpen their business acumen so that they can continue to be an integral part of the Latino housing industry.
NAHREP Leadership Academy graduates will become an integral part of reshaping and re-energizing the housing industry at all levels, political, private and not-for-profit sectors with a focus on keeping NAHREP®’s mission moving forward. Graduates from the program will acquire the skills and framework that will set them apart as industry leaders with a specialization within the Hispanic market.
Participation is required for all NAHREP® Chapters. Attendees must be NAHREP Platinum members in good standing. All others who have served in a local leadership role and aspiring leaders are encouraged to register.
The 2020 Leadership Academy attendance fee is $595.
The Omni Downtown Austin
Book your hotel room directly following your registration, only those registered for the 2020 Leadership Academy will be able to book a room in the hotel block.
2020 Course Information:
- NAHREP’s History and Future – Our heritage, mission and the focus of NAHREP®‘s future growth.
- Leadership Skills – Sharpening and discovering leadership skills, effectively leading an organization and company.
- Public Speaking & Media Relations – Tips for marketing your chapter and effectively engaging and communicating with press contacts.
- Finance & Budgeting Aptitude – Understanding the basics of creating sound financial systems for your business. Managing budgets, profits and loss statements, assessing viability of your company.
- Board Management & Succession Planning – Bridge the gap and ensure the chapters continued effective performance through leadership continuity.
- Chapter Management & Operational Support – An in-depth review of the Chapter Blue Print for event planning, member growth, and operational success.
- Current Industry Issues – An overview of the secondary market.
- Advocacy Training – Become the Voice for Hispanic Real Estate® and advocate the NAHREP mission at the local level.